Emphases in the Geography minor program are:
- gaining an understanding of the geographic perspective, and
- acquiring skills in the use of spatial analysis tools (such as geographic information systems (GIS), computer mapping, and other computer applications).
A Geography minor may be taken in conjunction with a variety of majors such as social science and secondary education. Minor requirements are 18 credits selected in consultation with a geography adviser in the Department of Geosciences. Students preparing for teaching geography in the secondary schools should follow the School of Education curricula.
Required Credits: 18
|All minor courses must be selected in consultation with a Department of Geosciences adviser.||18|
Minor Requirements and Notes
- A minimum of 8 credits must be taken at NDSU.
- The student and adviser will complete a substitution form with the courses to be used for the geography minor. This form will also require the signature of the department chairperson before being submitted to the Office of Registration and Records for verification of minor program completion.
- Note: This minor will not be available for view in the Student Advisement/Requirement Report in Campus Connection until the substitution form has been received and processed.